This church obeys the Bible, worships the only true God, perseveres to submit to the Lord Jesus Christ, and has the mission of spreading the gospel. In addition, this church proclaims the truth, observes sacraments, equips the saints, and builds up the body of Christ.
God’s calling to this church is to spread the gospel message of Christ within Chinese communities and beyond, starting in Durham and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, then expanding to the North Carolina Triangle area and eventually to the ends of the earth.
Statement of Faith
- This church believes the entire Bible is inspired by God, inerrant in the original writings, and is the supreme and final authority in faith and life for all Christians.
- This church believes that the Lord God - whose name is LORD - is the almighty and only true God, the creator of the universe, exists and is coequal in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and in attributes and glory, and is coeternal.
- This church believes that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He is the true God and true man.
- This church believes that the Holy Spirit is one of the three persons of the triune God. The Holy Spirit moves sinners to repent, resides within believers, guides them into truth, and is the power source of the life and service of all believers.
- This church believes that man was created in the image of God. The ancestor Adam sinned, thus fell, and sin came into the world. All men thus are sinful and thereby incurred the penalty of death, defined not only of the physical death but the separation of the soul from God. No man can save himself from the circumstance of spiritual death.
- This church believes that Jesus Christ never sinned, but suffered at the hands of Pilate for our sake, was crucified and died on the cross. He was buried, resurrected on the third day, ascended to heaven, and now lives at the right hand of the Most High. The Lord Jesus Christ is the High Priest and Advocate of all believers before the Father God, and will come again to establish God’s kingdom and judge all sinners.